The theme for WRM – 2017 is “Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth.” This conference is aimed at identifying and discussing the range of challenges that are faced in delivering safe, sustainable, and smart road transport and mobility at an affordable price: the legal, policy, and regulatory issues, the instruments that are available to policy and decision-makers, new concepts and technologies for delivering transport and mobility, and the possibilities offered by “big data” and technology to reshape the road transport and mobility system to face future challenges.
The conference will be of interest to professionals, academics, researchers, policy makers, and practitioners involved with road transport and mobility. It provides an outlet for sharing cutting-edge research, practices, and experiences, from across the world and is intended to be a premier knowledge event for discussing important issues facing the road, transport and mobility sectors.
- Plenary Sessions with high level keynote addresses
- Daily Expert Parallel Sessions on ten thematic subjects
- High Level Panel Debates
- Country Sessions, where one country presents ongoing and upcoming transport projects and other developments
- Vendor Sessions, where suppliers present their products and services
- Innovation Café for discussion on future trends
- IRF Young Professionals Lab
- Technical Tours and Site Visits
Call for Papers
The International Road Federation (IRF), together with IRF India, is putting out a Call for Papers to invite authors to submit abstracts for presentation at the World Road Meeting (WRM) in 2017.
Road transport and mobility are the lifeline of a modern economy and contribute significantly to economic growth and to the overall life of people. Meeting these challenges requires action on many fronts:
- arranging the necessary financing,
- implementing appropriate policy,
- developing legal and regulatory frameworks to safeguard the public interest without inhibiting competition,
- ensuring the functioning of markets,
- stimulating technological innovation,
- developing effective instruments to steer and nudge the travel and trip behavior and choices made by people on a daily basis,
- and collecting and safeguarding data to support the making of policy,
- and to support the operation of this sophisticated and complex sector.