[Juice Technology] – Juice Technology AG, Swiss manufacturer of portable charging stations for electric cars, is set to launch yet another world first in the field of charging solutions and charging infrastructure. In addition to all standard payment methods, the smart JUICE CHARGER 2 wall box now includes a contactless credit card payment facility. Available from stockists now.
JUICE CHARGER 2 is the intelligent 22 kW wall box, now offering the option of payment by credit card, ApplePay or GooglePay. The smart wall charging station makes identification, activation, control and payment child’s play thanks to integral NFC and RFID readers and smart modules such as smartJUICE, accessJUICE, payJUICE and billJUICE (included at no extra cost).
To start the charging process, simply hold your chosen payment method up to the wall box. You will only be billed when you’ve charged your car. The exact amount will be billed automatically when the charging process comes to an end. No need to reconfirm to end the transaction or enter a fixed charging amount, as required for other commercially available solutions. All of which makes JUICE CHARGER 2 a highly sophisticated, smart charging station – as well as being pretty unique!
“This wall box’s USP is definitely its credit card payment capability. E-car drivers really shouldn’t have to use a different app or charging card at every charging station. Nowadays, we all have our credit or debit cards, or our smartphone, to hand most of the time; for us, the obvious next step was to integrate this payment capability in the JUICE CHARGER 2,” explains Christoph Erni, Juice Technology AG’s founder and CEO. “Design that doesn’t detract from functionality, security, usability and futureproofing – these are the key features we wanted to include in JUICE CHARGER 2. And I’m delighted to confirm that we’ve ticked every box.”
JUICE CHARGER 2’s timeless design is easy on the eye, fitting seamlessly into any architectural environment. Reduced to the key visual essentials, this charger also impresses with its functionality and quality materials. Its chrome steel housing is also completely weather-resistant, while the cable suspension system and sturdy plug holder also prevent induction loops and stop the charging plug getting dirty. The wall charging station has all the essential safety features and complies comprehensively with every aspect of the relevant standards throughout the world (CE-compliant).
JUICE CHARGER 2 not only offers functionality, but also the assurance of a futureproof solution. It is compatible with all existing and new electric cars on the market with a Type 1 or Type 2 connection. The high-resolution touchscreen display makes it simple and intuitive to use. Then there’s the NFC/RFID reader, allowing payment by credit card or other common payment methods including ApplePay and GooglePay.
JUICE CHARGER 2 is also suitable for use in the public domain. The calibrated electricity meter ensures that you’re billed for exactly what you use – transparency guaranteed.
In developing this product, Juice Technology AG has once again set new standards in the charging infrastructure sector – with sales figures to prove it. The company had to ramp up production to five lines in January 2020 and is now having to work round the clock to satisfy demand.
The wall charging station is available in three different basic models: as a classic fixed wall box (Fix), as a flexible option (Flex), where the integral by Tüv Süd certified JUICE BOOSTER 2 (portable 22 kW charging station) can be removed, or as a Flat option if only the housing is required (if the customer already has a JUICE BOOSTER 2).
JUICE CHARGER 2’s key benefits at a glance:
- Charge with single or three-phase power up to 32 amps.
- The housing is splashproof and dustproof to IP6. The technology has optimum protection, making the wall box suitable for outside use.
- JUICE CHARGER 2 is an ultra-smart piece of kit. Smart modules for the fully automatic smartJUICE charging and load management system are already included in JUICE CHARGER 2.
- It is compatible with all existing and new electric cars on the market with a Type 1 or Type 2 connection.
- The integral DC and AC fault detection system trips effectively at the specified value.
- The wall box is simple and quick to install. The charger can be installed by any qualified electrician without the need for additional and time-consuming training or certification.
- It comes in three different basic models: Fix, Flex and Flat.
- The calibrated MID-certified meter guarantees accurate billing.
- The ability to remove the integral JUICE BOOSTER 2 means that JUICE CHARGER 2 offers users maximum flexibility.
- The integrated JUICE BOOSTER 2 has been tested by Tüv Süd in accordance to the IEC 62752 standard and is now the first successfully certified mobile 22 kW charging station.
Founded in 2014, Juice Technology AG, headquartered in the town of Cham in the Swiss canton of Zug, is a leading producer of mobile 22-kW electrical charging stations. The Group also includes Juice Europe GmbH with an office in Munich and Juice Services GmbH. The broad portfolio of this Swiss manufacturer also includes charging and load management systems, permanent electric vehicle charging stations, wall boxes and DC charging stations.